Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mushrooms

I found them under the pine tree at the front of our house. These mushrooms are huge, the top is about 5 to 7 inches and about 9 inches tall.

What kind of mushrooms are these?


They are big, I'm even scared of touching it. This is the first time I seen mushrooms this big.

5 comments:

edward said...

I think these mushrooms are not edible. I am so familiar with mushrooms because I grew up in the province and in a remote barrio. There are two mushrooms that I knew edible.
Those growing in dead trees are different.

My Bug Life said...

Wow..interesting large mushrooms. Are these edible? I love eating mushrooms..:)

Nedekcir said...

Edward there are a lot of mushrooms in the US that are edible. I'm not a mushrooms expert kaya I can't tell. I rather buy my mushrooms in the grocery store.

MBL, that is what I wanted to know. I don't if they are edible. It would be nice if they are because they are huge and there are a lot of them. Yes, I love mushrooms too.

Penny Bun said...

From the photos they look like amanitas, many of which are poisonous, some deadly. Don't eat anything unless it is identified by someone who really knows their stuff.

Nedekcir said...

Thanks for the warning PB. No, like I said I didn't even touch it. And I rather buy my mushrooms in the grocery store or grow them myself.