Chocolate Donuts

Chocolate Donuts3 1/4 c. flour
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 tbsp. butter, melted
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
2/3 c. milk
Oil for frying



Chocolate Donuts
Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together and set aside. In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar and vanilla, beat until thicken. Add melted butter and chocolate. Add the flour mixture and milk alternately, beating until blended after each addition. Cover dough and chill for 2 hours.

In deep fryer or deep pot/kettle, pour enough oil about 3 to 4 inches deep. Heat oil to 375° F, if using pot or kettle you can use thermometer to be accurate.

On lightly floured surface, roll dough to about 1/2-inch thick and cut shapes with donuts cutter, circle cookie cutter will do, too. Fry 2 to 3 minutes, turning once. Drain on paper towel and cool. Make sure the oil temperature is back at 375° F before cooking the next batch.

Icing
1 1/2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
2 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 c. sifted powder sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
boiling water

Melt chocolate with butter and cool. Stir in powder sugar, vanilla and enough boiling water. The consistency should be good enough to drizzle on top of cooled donuts.

Recipe source: http://bakingbits.com

I did not used the chocolate icing on mine because after all the cooking I was so tired and I just drizzle them with powder sugar instead.

Comments

a49erfangirl said…
Those look really good. I have never tried to make donuts from scratch before.
Nedekcir said…
Me either a49er however, if I want my kids to grow healthy I have to do it. Plus, working inside the house is good for my health too, just making this not only give me something to do and at the same time burn some calories...lol. That's always a plus in my opinion...lol.
RamaRaoBobby said…
yummy... here in India we find a lot of sweets similar to this. But generally they don't do that icing instead they dip them is melted sugar.

like the donuts and also the cute little hand dats in the picture.. wonder how that tastes... Just kidding..

I was searching for about me section on your blog but couldn't find one. Wanna know about the cute chef that is giving us all these delicious stuff. Hope you add one or if its ON, keep it on top so that its visible to all.

Bookmarked the blog. Will check for more updates.

Bye..take care..

Regards.
ramaraobobby
http://twitter.com/ramaraobobby
Nedekcir said…
Aww, you are so nice...lol. That is the hand of my only daughter who can't wait for me to finish taking picture before grabbing one. (She actually wanted to be in the picture, so I asked her to try grabbing one while I take the picture). Thanks for leaving a comment.

Have a great week in your side of the world.

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chop Teriyaki (Grilled or Broiled)

Paksiw & Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Stuff Sweet Peppers