Beef Tocino

I made this over the weekend. I usually marinade the meat for a few days, but this time I boil it over medium heat until the sauce is almost dry. I was pretty sure DH liked it the last time I made some. However, this time, he not very fond of it, I used pork when he liked it. I think the beef has a stronger flavor for tocino marinade. I'll make sure to marinate it for a few days next time. ODS enjoyed it with hot steamy rice.

Beef TocinoI also pound the beef to make it tender. But I noticed that it did not make a difference. As soon as it started cooking it all harden and the simmer process made it tender again.

Or maybe I should have keep on pounding until it was really tender? All I can do is try again, and make it better next time.

Comments

Ruben Berenguel said…
If you leave it cooking without closing the lid in a normal cooker, the fibers will turn hard. For it to be tender without a long, long marinade you should use a slow cooker (you can check wikipedia, is an electronic appliance). Hope next time it is better! :)
oh my God, it looks delicious... I love tocino
Tara said…
And also marinating it for a few days will make a difference...there's always a next time. :)
Nedekcir said…
Thanks for the tips RB.

@Haze & afv, thank you for stopping by. I will sure marinate next time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chop Teriyaki (Grilled or Broiled)

Paksiw & Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies