My Brother Angel

Post contributed by Alfredo Gaines

When my brother told me that he and his wife were moving to Phoenix, Arizona, to be closer to their only child and her family, I was sad. I have always been very close to my brother and now that we are both older and our children have flown the coop, so to speak, we sometimes gather for coffee in the morning or cocktails in the evening and talk and stay connected. When we were younger, and I was a single mom raising two daughters, he did all the handy man jobs around my house, including my yard work on the outside. I do not know what I would have done without him. I don’t know what I will do now. I will be lonely and miss our weekly brother-sister chats. But I certainly understand their reason for moving. Arizona is absolutely gorgeous too. I visited my niece and her family once. My sister-in-law talked with her daughter about helping them get settled into the home they had purchased out there a few weeks earlier. She checked out www.tvbydirect.com to be sure the viewing opportunities were the same ones they have here so she would not miss her favorite shows once they were in their new home. I am going to miss them terribly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chop Teriyaki (Grilled or Broiled)

Paksiw & Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Stuff Sweet Peppers