Pumpkin Pie Bombs
This is my copy-cat version I got from delish.com. The hard part is making the crescent roll dough, it takes a long time. However if you just wanted to buy a pre-made one, it would be easy. I also use my homemade pumpkin puree for this recipe and my family like it.
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 1 c. canned pumpkin puree
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2/3 c. sugar, divided
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, mix pumpkin, cream cheese, egg, 1/3 c sugar, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Mix until smooth and season with a pinch of salt.
- Unroll crescent rolls and pinch the perforations together to create one solid sheet. Cut into 8 squares.
- Dollop a rounded tablespoon of pumpkin mixture onto each square. Pinch all corners together and seal to create a ball.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar with 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Brush balls with melted butter and roll in the sugar mixture.
- Place balls on a baking sheet, leaving about 2” space between each ball. Bake until balls are golden and puffy, about 10-15 minutes.
- While the balls are baking, make glaze: in a medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth, adding more powdered sugar or milk for desired consistency. Serve slightly cooled balls with glaze for dipping.