Dandelion Jelly

I recently joined some group online. I'm not really active on any of them but I do learn a lot. And this is one of them during spring this year. Everyone was talking about picking dandelion blossoms and making it to anything they enjoy.


And since I haven't tried dandelion jelly before, I told myself, why not. I even gave one jar to one of my DH co-worker because he said he heard about it and wanted to try it. I am very eager to share especially to the young generation that knows a little about wild plants medicinal benefits.


I picked about a bucket full, removed all the greens (well sort of), seep in hot water over night and made the jelly the next day. I could have easily made two batches, but since I am the only one who tries anything around my household I only made one batch. You can find a lot of recipe online, I don't have to share one here. My recipe is only mine because I'm a little rebel when it comes to my own usage of can or preserves items.


Lastly, make sure you read about the health benefits (the pros and cons) of any wild edible plants before doing it for the first time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chop Teriyaki (Grilled or Broiled)

Paksiw & Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Stuff Sweet Peppers