Malasadas


DH and I was watching a certain movie (can't remember the title :D) online and they have this in the movie. I did my research (which I always do, when I find something interesting) and tried making it. It turns out this "malasadas" is identical to the ones my mother used to make when I was young in our off grid house (Philippines). We eat this as a snack. I have been looking for the recipe and I couldn't find the right one. Now, I got it! I am ecstatic.


"Malasadas are eaten especially on Mardi Gras - the day before Ash Wednesday. In Madeira , malasadas are eaten mainly on Terça-feira Gorda (“ Fat Tuesday ” in English; Mardi Gras in French) which is also the last day of the Carnival of Madeira . The reason for making malasadas was to use up all the lard and sugar in the house, in preparation for Lent (much in the same way the tradition of Pancake Day in the United Kingdom originated on Shrove Tuesday ), malasadas are sold alongside the Carnival of Madeira today."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chop Teriyaki (Grilled or Broiled)

Paksiw & Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Stuff Sweet Peppers