Chicken Afritada


I used chicken wingets with this recipe because I know my DH likes them. And I don't like using big chicken part either.

I used one pound of chicken wingets, 2 potatoes, cut into quarters, 1 cup baby carrots, one onion cut into quarters, one garlic clove chops, half of red bell peppers and half of green bell peppers cut into chunks, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis), 2 tablespoons olive oil.

In a cooking pot, heat oil. Saute garlic and onions. Add chicken and coook until slightly brown. Pour the tomato sauce and chicken broth. Bring to boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is almost cooked. Add potatoes and continue cooking for 5 minutes then add the carrots cook for another 5 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are cooked. Add the green and red peppers, simmer for additional minute or two. Salt and pepper to taste and add green onions on top before serving. Serve hot with rice.

(DH never like stew, anything with potato, carrots and bell pepper he consider stew, this is why I only make them once in the blue moon. Because I will end up eating it for a week.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chop Teriyaki (Grilled or Broiled)

Paksiw & Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Stuff Sweet Peppers