Canned Dry Goods

I read this from one of DH emails. This is suppose to last 20 to 30 years. I will let you know in 20 years if they really last. We are storing food for rainy days or at least enough for one year for a family of six.

I need to buy more jars to put everything I saved (dry food) so far. I have three packs of these jars. One pack with tomatoes and and the rest are below. Now I need to find room in our pantry for these.

They used to lived in a buckets with lids. These actually is half of one bucket. I will be needing a lot of these jars...whew! They are unbleached flour, Quinoa (really good for human), and seven grains mix (hard red wheat, oat groats, tritcale berries, dehulled barley, rye berries, soft white wheat, spelt berries).

Oh, btw, sterilized jars. Filled with dried food (nothing oily), set them on cookie sheets, open. You can place four cookie sheets in the oven. After placing everything inside, set the oven on 200°F and leave the jars inside for one hour. When done, used a mitten to take one, wipe the rim with damp cloth or paper towel, then re-place the lid. Repeat until all the jars are out of the oven. Let them cool, and store somewhere that the temperature will not rise up to 72°F.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chop Teriyaki (Grilled or Broiled)

Paksiw & Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies