3C's or Folded Cottage Cheese Sugar Cookies

A dear friend of mine I chat with almost everyday told me about this cookies. She works for an Arab family in Dubai. One day one of her college students she sits, brought a friend home and made this cookies. She took a picture and I like what I saw. She said she didn't get the cookies name. So, I Googled folded cookies. I found some pictures.


I asked my friend what are the ingredients the person used. All that stand out was cottage cheese. Today I finally found the correct one I wanted from Olga's Flavor Factory. She called this "Soft Farmer's Cheese Cookies."


With mine I omitted the 2 tablespoons of cold water and I used small curd cottage cheese (juice & all) instead of Farmer's Cheese. I have to check my local grocery store for the latter. I have never seen it before, but again I wasn't looking for it.



Thank you so much Olga for the recipe.

Ingredients
·         2 sticks butter, chilled
·         7.5 oz friendship farmer's cheese or small curd cottage cheese
·         2 cups flour
·         2 egg yolks
·         2 Tablespoons water, cold or chilled (omit when using cottage cheese)
·         ½-1 cup sugar
Instructions
1.     Grate the chilled butter on a box grater.
2.     Add the farmer's cheese and flour. Use your hands to quickly mix the ingredients together. It will be a very dry and crumbly texture.
3.     Add the egg yolks and water. Mix the dough and knead on the counter until it comes together.
4.     Form the dough into a disc and wrap it up in aluminum foil. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
5.     Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6.     Break off part of the dough and roll out pretty thinly on a well floured surface.
7.     Use a biscuit cutter (about 3 inches), an overturned cup or glass (preferably with thin edges) or anything else that is round and will be able to cut through the dough and press out as much circles from the dough as possible.
8.     Save the scraps, scrunch them into a little ball and refrigerate until it's firm again.(Also keep the rest of the dough refrigerated when you're not using it.)
9.     Put the sugar into a bowl and press one side of the circle of dough into the sugar.
10. Fold it in half to form a half moon shape. Press one side into the sugar again, fold it in half and press one of the sides in the sugar.
11. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Place the cookies sugar side up on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until the cookies are puffed and golden.



Comments

Unknown said…
Can you please share this cookie recipe please. Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chop Teriyaki (Grilled or Broiled)

Paksiw & Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Stuff Sweet Peppers