Stuffed Peppers

I know I promise this to be up before tomorrow. A last minute post just for S asking about the recipe. I hate farmville, it is the reason why I couldn't post much these days with all of my blogs. Most of my friends (not in person friends) in farmville are on all the time and I like to grab everything I can. I know I should quit already since I already gotten the biggest farm they got about two week in the game. Anyway, without further a do, the recipe...lol

6 large green or red bell peppers
1 lb ground beef
2 tbsp chopped onions
1 c cooked rice
1 tsp salt
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
3/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese (3oz)

Cut thin slice from the stem end of each bell pepper. Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers. You may choose to blanch it then stuff or stuff it without cooking. Cook ground beef, onion and garlic in a skillet, stirring occasionally, until beef is light brown; drain the fat. Stir in rice, salt and 1 cup of tomato sauce; heat until hot.

Heat oven to 350°F. Stuff peppers with beef mixture. Stand upright in square baking dish. Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cheese.

I usually cook the meat first when I blanch the peppers. After taking the peppers out of the water, I stuff them and they go straight in the oven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chop Teriyaki (Grilled or Broiled)

Paksiw & Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Stuff Sweet Peppers