(2nd Batch) Cinnamon Rolls

Like the title says, this is my second batch of LeAnn Ralph 2 hours cinnamon rolls. I made this over the weekend not knowing my in laws are coming. Yes, for the very first time, they tasted it. My mother in law, of course never touched it, and scold my husband that what he is eating is bad (we knew it). He did not argue because he knew that his mother enjoy arguing about anything.

Finish Product
This is from LeAnn Ralph cookbook "Rural Route 2 Cookbook", thank you so much for sharing this recipe with the public. Just like she said, my family expect it from me...lol. Did I mention that everyone loves it, except for my mother in law? My sister in law cannot believe I made it from scratch, and she asked me for the recipe. She will try making it, she said.

Perfect cutHomemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe from LeAnn Ralph

If I’ve heard it once, I’ve heard it a dozen times: “Make homemade cinnamon rolls? From scratch? Are you crazy? That takes all day!” I have several recipes for homemade cinnamon rolls that do, indeed, take at least all afternoon — scald the milk and let it cool to room temperature (30 minutes); mix the dough and let it raise for an hour (1.5 hours); punch down the dough and let it raise for another hour (1 hour); shape into cinnamon rolls and let raise for another hour (1.5 hours); and then, finally, bake the cinnamon rolls (30 minutes) — for a grand total of 5 hours from start to finish. But it doesn’t have to be that way. You really can make homemade cinnamon rolls from scratch in two hours or less.

2 cups of warm water
1/2 cup sugar
4 teaspoons dry yeast (or two packages of dry yeast)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup Canola oil (you can use any kind of cooking oil, or shortening if you prefer)
6 to 7 cups of flour

Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Add the sugar and salt. Mix. Add the cooking oil (or shortening), 2 eggs, 2 cups of flour and beat until smooth. Stir in 3 more cups of flour. Begin kneading the dough, adding the final cup of flour. If the dough seems too sticky, knead in more flour, a quarter to a half cup at a time. Let the dough rest for 20 minutes. (I leave it sitting on the counter and use the time to wash up the bowl and other utensils and to clean off the counter top.)

Roll the dough into a rectangle that’s 24 to 30 inches long by about 16 inches wide. Spread with soft butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar (about 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon). Starting at the wide end, roll into a log. Cut the cinnamon rolls into equal sized slices (approximately one inch wide each or slightly more) and place into two greased 9×13 pans. Put in a warm place to rise for 45 minutes.

Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes (or until the cinnamon rolls are golden brown).
Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then turn out of the pans.

This recipes makes two dozen cinnamon rolls. If you want REALLY BIG cinnamon rolls, cut into 12 equal pieces 2 inches wide. Total amount of time needed from start to finish (including time to bake) is about 2 hours.


Ready to go in the oven
I used a rectangular pan along with small pie pan. I cut my batch this time smaller (22 pieces), because last time it was gigantic...lol. What a difference a practice makes. My first batch can be found here. And the sugar icing recipe is made from butter, powder sugar and a little milk and vanilla.


Thank you Willa for hosting this meme. Please visit her site by following the image below.

Comments

Sreisaat said…
Oh my, your cinnamon rolls look fantastic! I bet they're yummy too. I would love to make some of these in the coming weeks.

We Ate This!
Cecile said…
this is my family's fave; sarap...mabuti marunong ka mag bake nito...ako walang tiyaga eh :-); penge namn ni isa oh :-)
~✽Mumsy✽~ said…
That looks delicious! I will take cinnamon rolls over donuts any time!
Amanda said…
Those look Delicious! BTW, they may be unhealthy if you eat them several times a month, every month... but once in a while, I think they are a great TREAT!
Nedekcir said…
@ Sreisaat, I recommend using this recipe.

@ Cecile, sure you can have a few.

@ Mumsy, I agree with you.

@ Amanda, yes they are a great treat. The last time I made some was last January. I'm good with the once in a while thing...lol
OMG! why do you have to post this?lol! My ultimate favorite.and kudos to you for making it from scratch,the closest thing I can get for making it is using the Philsbury ready-to-bake. :D
FoodTripFriday
Unknown said…
Galing mo mag bake mommy. talo pa ang julies bakeshop sa pinas.
Ms. Journ said…
wow super , i miss sinamon this is very delicious over! Happy FTF. Tnx for dropin at my entry too.
Nedekcir said…
@ Willa, you can have some, should I mail it to you?...lol. I like making it from scratch to lose some calories before eating any...lol.

@ Shydub, awe...blush...blush. Punta ka dito kain tayo...lol.

@ Anne, you are welcome and thanks for following.

Thank you so much everyone. I have checked the last time I made this was December and I posted it in January. So, I'm good with the calories...lol.
Mrs Sweetwater said…
those look wonderful. one tip - cinnabon adds vanilla pudding and a bit of vanilla extract to add that special something. just dropping a trade secret. also have you added raisins and then did the variation for Pecan Sticky Buns ? oooooo absolutly addictive. sticky, goes and cinnamony. I use lots of pecans and even put them in the inside when I roll the dough so that they are all through the rolls.

looking at those, I'm sure they were gone instantly. that's probably when mil was pissed secretly. plus she probably can't bake like YOU ! (wink*wink)
Eden said…
That looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I want to try it if I can get a chance next weekend.
Self Sagacity said…
They are yummy and I know the someone who just loves cinnamon rolls!
Nedekcir said…
@ RE Ausetkmt, thanks for the tip about vanilla pudding and vanilla. However, the raisins and pecans I can't do because we are not fond of dried fruit or nuts with any sweets. We will eat them if serve with someone else to be nice. I don't even make cookies with them. Raisin and oatmeal cookies I eat but not my family, so I will just end up eating all of them when I make it. Oh, and about MIL, who knows maybe she stopped in one of these places a got one on her way home...lol. She never eat anything unless she prepared it herself.

@ Eden, you are welcome katokayaw...lol, tama ba yun?

@ SS, that would be me and my family...lol, I know you are talking about someone else...lol.

Thanks for commenting everyone, I love all your comments.
Ladynred said…
Absolutely yummy. Thanks for the recipe.

http://cookandbaking.com
Sunshinelene said…
yummm i know this is so sarap! great with cold soya milk.

the white sauce on top of the spaghetti is a combination of batter, evap milk, quick melt cheese, and 3 table spoons of flour.

btw, what is bonito? is that eggplant?

thank you so much for the visit!

Arlene
http://arlenecollado.com
Nedekcir said…
@ Maria, thank you.

@ Ladynred, you are welcome, and thanks for coming.

@ Arlene, thanks for answering my curiosity. Bonito is the fish, tulingan ang tawag sa atin (sa amin). You are welcome.

Have a great weekend or week everyone.
Kero said…
you are a wonderful cook! and the recipe sounds easy to make. I am a big fan of cinnamon rolls so i am definitely making this soon =)
Nedekcir said…
@ Kero, thank you so much.
PYNTK said…
Now, who can resist those "made from scratch" cinnamon rolls? They look marvelous. :-)
Unknown said…
It looks really yummy....alam mo sis I have been planning on making this too but like many others I am afraid it would take so long.

But if you say it can be done in less than 2 hours, ma try nga :)
Nedekcir said…
@ PYNTK, my MIL...lol. I know I can't. Thanks for stopping.

@ Jade, yes try it out. You can't go wrong, just follow the recipe.

Thank you for the comment, both.
AC said…
yumyumyum!!! i tried baking this once.. kaso kase nakakatamd maghintay na umalsa.. nalipasan na kame ng gutom pagkaluto.. wahaha!!! thanks for the recipe, sis..
Nedekcir said…
@ Acmumcee, you don't have to worry about this recipe, it only takes 2 hours from the start.

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chop Teriyaki (Grilled or Broiled)

Paksiw & Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies