Yema Cake (Filipino Dessert)


They said it is very popular cake nowadays in the Philippines. I wouldn't know I haven't lived there for for many decades 😃. I only remember yema sweet candy. It's made with egg yolk, condense milk, and chopped roasted peanuts. "YEMA" is spanish for yolk. We inherited the word from our spanish conquistador. 




It is mostly a chiffon cake with yolk, and condensed milk sauce/icing/frosting (depending on how thick you made it). Top with shredded cheese. If you have a sweet tooth just like my husband you will love this. However, with someone like me. this will be way too much sweet.


I will still make it but when I do, I will cut the sugar in half or maybe just put 1/3 cup. The icing is enough to make it in the category of cake. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chop Teriyaki (Grilled or Broiled)

Paksiw & Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Stuff Sweet Peppers