Yema Pastillas (Filipino Recipe)


Do you remember the Yema cake I made a few weeks back? Well, i can't think of anything to do with the extra Yema cake frosting so I made this. A sweet milk candy. Pastilla is another Spanish word we inherited from Spaniards. Pastilla is Spanish word meaning "PILL." It makes me wonder if they used this to make children in the very early years to take their pills. 😄😉 Wrapping them in a sweet milk candy before giving the pill.



Anyhow, so I mixed powder milk and a little of butter while being warm in a pot. I used butter to prevent sticking. I cooked it in low heat until I the mixture is firm. You can also add lemon zest or any flavoring you want during this period. I transferred it to glass baking dish, flatten and cool in the fridge.

Then I sliced then and roll on the surface covered with cling wrap. Rolled to get a long log and cut into 1 1/2 inch long. Rolled in some sugar, I got creative here and used the sugar I used for sugar cookies and white sugar too. Filipino usually wrap them with different color cellophane or candy wrapping paper.

Since I am the only one eating this, there is no point on wasting nice papers 😃😄, fingers are as good. If you notice I am making a lot of Filipino sweets lately. There is a chance we will move in the Philippines in the future, so, I am practicing making sweets to sell as one source of income when we get there.

Like I said, I'm not into sweet kind of person, but it doesn't mean I can't earn money doing sweets. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chop Teriyaki (Grilled or Broiled)

Paksiw & Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Stuff Sweet Peppers